1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files stored in your computer that play a key role in the provision of online services.
Cookies are used to compile, store, and share parts of information about a user’s activity and navigation habits in various websites, including the Junta de Compensación website, to improve the service offered.
These tolls enable the website to remember a user’s actions and preferences over a period of time, so that they do not need to enter them every time they return to a website or navigate across different pages.
2. What types of cookies do we use?
When browsing through the website, session cookies and persistent cookies are installed, which may be our own or third-party cookies.
Session cookies are designed to obtain and store data while the user uses the website and only contribute to the provision of the service once. These cookies are deleted once the user leaves the website.
Persistent cookies are used to store date in the terminal through which the website is accessed for a period of time specified by the party responsible for the cookie, for the purpose of providing users with customised service.
Based on their purpose, this website uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: those required to properly navigate the website, enabling the user to use the various options or services available on it.
- Customisation cookies: those that allow the user to access the service with certain general characteristics predefined on the basis of a number of criteria on the terminal, as well as to select their preferences.
- Analytical cookies: those that enable the Company to perform the data analytics associated with the user’s navigation to improve the service provided, monitoring website use as well as statistics on the most visited contents, number of visitors, etc.
Advertising cookies: those that enable the editor to include advertising spots on the website, based on their contents.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: those that enable the editor to include advertising spots on the website based on the information obtained from the user’s navigation habits.
Some of the cookies on this website are Junta de Compensación cookies and others are third-party cookies. The purposes of the cookies installed are specified below, on the basis of this distinction:
3. How can you manage cookies?
Users can configure the cookies to be used by the website during their navigation in the window that displays when accessing it.
Users are also able to allow, block, or delete the cookies installed on their equipment by configuring their browser options.
It should be pointed out that the Junta de Compensación is unable to remove third-party cookies, so, if a user wishes to remove all cookies, they will necessarily have to change the settings of the browser installed on their equipment.
To remove website cookies, users should go to their browser settings, find the cookies associated with the domain in question, and delete them.
Cookies settings for Google Chrome:
Cookies settings for Apple Safari:
Cookies settings for Internet Explorer:
Cookies settings for Mozilla Firefox:
4. What happens if you reject cookies?
Users can configure the cookies to be used by the website during their experience in the window that displays when accessing it for the first time.
If a user rejects cookies when their consent is requested, the website will not compile or use those cookies.
It should be borne in mind that, when the rejected cookies are functional, users will be unable to make use of all the features and functionalities on our website. Likewise, if a user objects to performance cookies, we will be prevented from learning what they like and dislike about our website, and thus it will be harder for us to improve the service provided.
It is important to point out that revoking consent to cookies for marketing purposes does not imply that there will be less advertising on the website, but rather that the advertising displayed will not be customised in accordance with the user’s needs and preferences.
We should also clarify that, if the settings are changed and certain cookies are blocked, it will not be possible to fully benefit from certain website features and we may be unable to offer certain contents previously used.